Plum & Custard Flapjack Tart
- 1X 350g pack Sainsbury’s Flapjack Block (manufactured by BakeAway)
- 250g fresh plums – stoned and sliced
- 150ml Sainsbury’s single cream
- 2 medium eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- 20g Sainsbury’s ground almonds
- Few drops vanilla essence
- Remove pastry from the fridge 20 minutes before required.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C / fan 160C / Gas Mark 4
- Roll the flapjack into a circle just large enough to line the base and sides of a 23cm flan dish. Prick the base all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 min until very lightly cooked.
- Put the cream, sugar, ground almonds, eggs and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Arrange the plums in the flapjack case.
- Pour the cream mixture over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the centre is just set. (Cover with foil if the edges begin to brown too quickly.)
Serve warm or cold.