Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Tart
- 375g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 3 tbsp black olive tapenade sauce
- 6 ripe tomatoes – thinly sliced
- 125g Mozzarella – thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- 10-15 olives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the pastry sheet onto a greased baking sheet and cut a strip 3cm wide off each long side and stick onto the remaining pastry with a little of the beaten egg to form an edge.
- Prick the base with a fork and spread the tapenade evenly. Place the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella over the pastry and sprinkle over the olives.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Add the torn basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil 5 minutes before end of cooking.